In 1885 the owner of the castle Oroslavje Gornje became Ljudevit Lujo Vraniczany, known promoter of art and supporter of revival ideas. He restored the castle, but without significant changes. He arranged the park around the castle and gave it romantic elements, placed sculptures, fountains, etc. The famous painter Vlaho Bukvac was often here and painted the portraits of Vraniczany family and the facade of the castle.
The last owner Baron Ljudevit Vraniczany refined the park even more in spirit of romanticism and historicism. He was a fan of literature and visual arts and hosted in his castle in Oroslavje the greatest contemporary Croatian writers and painters of that time.